The fundamentals of Delibr
This article explains the outliner functionality, which is the foundation of Delibr.
The biggest difference between Delibr and most other text editors is that Delibr is an outliner. What this means is that documents in Delibr are made up of a tree of nested bullets. The trees can be collapsed, expanded and moved around freely within the structure - making it extremely easy to organise and structure your work.
In this article we will focus on how to work with some of the features associated with the outliner.
If you rather watch than read, here's a video summary of this article.
1. Adding and removing bullets
Adding a bullet to a document is done by hitting enter while on an already existing bullet. This will create a new bullet under the bullet you where previously standing on.
To remove a bullet, make sure all text is deleted and hit backspace. You can also remove a bullet from the bullet menu. Click on the bullet you want to remove, choose more and remove (this does not require you to remove all text).
2. Moving bullets and sections within the tree structure
There are two ways of rearranging bullets within a documents.
1. Keyboard shortcuts. Make sure you are focused in the text field of the bullet you want to re-arrange. Hold down ctrl and move the bullet around using arrows (←, ↑, → or ↓).
2. Drag-and-drop functionality. Hover the bullet you wish to move, click and hold the hamburger menu to the left, drag it to the desired new location, and drop it.
3. Collapse and expand sections
There are two ways of collapsing and expanding sections.
1. Click the arrows. Use the arrows to the left of a bullet to expand or collapse. If the bullet is expanded, it will collapse. If it's collapsed, it will expand.
2. Keyboard shortcuts. While standing on the bullet you wish to expand or collapse, press [ctrl+space]. If the bullet is expanded, it will collapse. If it's collapsed, it will expand.
4. Zooming in to a bullet or section
There are two ways of zooming in to a bullet.
1. Double clicking the bullet. By double clicking on the bullet you will zoom into the bullet.
2. Using the bullet menu. Click on the bullet to open the bullet menu, choose more and zoom in.
Note: Zooming in to a bullet creates a unique URL. The URL can be used to for instance share specific parts of a document with others.